Skip to main content
Poetry

 Picture it.

Paint this picture,
I'll paint what I see too,
Lets take this image -
Lets clash -
Lets collide -
Lets mix colours -
Exchange brushes -
Our strokes combined can illustrate the dizziest of vivid,
The meanest of evil,
The cheesiest of corny,
The brightest of excellence.

We'll salute our first
Our most imaginative
Most vivid image,
In time.
And then, on to the next
A portrait of Love.

Untitled

Laughing at nothing in particular
Smiling about everything
Crying over anything

Talking about our flaws
Shouting in our minds never communicating
sighing at questions too true to answer

Building a weak foundation
Living within  re-enforced walls
Breaking the smothering folds that have kept our shards intact.

This is what your love has meant to me.


Let Us 

Walk along this path with me
Rest your shadow next to mine
Let this be our everyday, every moment
Let us always know,
To whom it is we belong.
we will not always frolic, in the greenest of grass
It wont always be sunny,
The storms, we will weather.
And later find extremely funny.

Entwine our phalanges
As we will entwine  limbs.

Walk this path
With care, alert, in another world.
Agree to this and you shall never
walk alone again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The riot has been televised : madness in protea south

The riots in Protea South in Soweto have left the residents of both Chiawelo and Protea North shaken, perplexed and genuinely confused. One who lives in a house cannot possibly fathom the problems a person who lives in a shack faces on a day to day basis. With that in mind I, as a resident of Chiawelo , cannot understand how the people of the shanty town in Protea south can choose to stay in an unsafe area that is not fit for habitation when a better suited area with houses made available for them  has been prepared. Never-mind the luxuries of having a shopping complex a five-minutes’ walk away,a police station a stones throw away, a main road that provides many modes of transport  and few services that are taken illegally, should it not be health that takes precedence over convenience in this case. This is just my opinion.
             VS Be fore we compare these two new kids on the block, lets learn more about them, shall we? Both proteges of very popular superstars - Kanye West and Jay-Z - these two are very different from each other. Jcole Born Jermaine Lamar Cole, Jcole is a lyricist of note. He is signed to his mentors record label Roc Nation (2009). He has spawned hit songs such as " Can't get enough" featuring the sexy Trey Songz, "No body's Perfect" featuring the on-point and sexy Missy Elliot and "Work it" which I found offensive at first...the track is too good to stay mad at. Cole released his debut album in 2011 " Cole World: The sideline story" referring to his long awaited jump into the industry after being signed for two years and not releasing anything. His music focuses on the story and lyrics; the beat is secondary yet carries the hook beautifully. Honestly he's my favourite. http://www.jc...

You walked lightly

You Walked Lightly You walked lightly into my life Captivating and lovely to my mind, At first, I never cared who you were Now I don’t know who I am without you, You kissed me I felt my world change, You held me I heard my heart awaken, You loved me And my soul was born anew You walked lightly into my life Now my heart knows who you are And with every breath And every step I take down lonely roads, Your hand is my staff Your voice is my guide Your strength my shelter You’re passion my awakening. You walked lightly into my life, And all my pain You took as your own, And all my fears You cast into the sea, All my doubt Lost in your eyes, You walked lightly into my life And no matter if you choose to stay or go, My life is forever changed, Just because you loved me For a moment in time. And because I choose To love you For the rest of mine. - Tracey Newson -