Skip to main content

Nothing PAP about this flex


In the days before snap-backs and letter-man jackets were big in this hemisphere, when Kwaito was still King, Siyabonga Ngwekazi was rocking his own style. We should have known he would rise to the levels he has when we were tempted to watch that basketball show on a Saturday afternoon, knowing full well that soccer was our fix. We should have guessed that we would be hooked on this man’s style and charisma when he appeared on our screens again and again, first on Street Journal (2005), Real Goboza (2008), Metro FM Music Awards (2007) and when he graced the screen in 2009 with the now infamous Nonhtle Thema on Vuzu, we were sold. He branched out into the radio business, hosting a show with MTV’s Sizwe Dlomo on YFM – I remember a time when I didn't like hip- hop that was a time before “Seez and Scoop”.


He now ventures into the world of fashion with his brand P.A.P, he calls the men’s clothing line “Pieces by PAP”, PAP ( Parental Advisory Productions) being a joint venture; a production company started by himself and his “Forever young”  co-stars Thomas Gumede and Lungile Radu.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The riot has been televised : madness in protea south

The riots in Protea South in Soweto have left the residents of both Chiawelo and Protea North shaken, perplexed and genuinely confused. One who lives in a house cannot possibly fathom the problems a person who lives in a shack faces on a day to day basis. With that in mind I, as a resident of Chiawelo , cannot understand how the people of the shanty town in Protea south can choose to stay in an unsafe area that is not fit for habitation when a better suited area with houses made available for them  has been prepared. Never-mind the luxuries of having a shopping complex a five-minutes’ walk away,a police station a stones throw away, a main road that provides many modes of transport  and few services that are taken illegally, should it not be health that takes precedence over convenience in this case. This is just my opinion.

You walked lightly

You Walked Lightly You walked lightly into my life Captivating and lovely to my mind, At first, I never cared who you were Now I don’t know who I am without you, You kissed me I felt my world change, You held me I heard my heart awaken, You loved me And my soul was born anew You walked lightly into my life Now my heart knows who you are And with every breath And every step I take down lonely roads, Your hand is my staff Your voice is my guide Your strength my shelter You’re passion my awakening. You walked lightly into my life, And all my pain You took as your own, And all my fears You cast into the sea, All my doubt Lost in your eyes, You walked lightly into my life And no matter if you choose to stay or go, My life is forever changed, Just because you loved me For a moment in time. And because I choose To love you For the rest of mine. - Tracey Newson -
             VS Be fore we compare these two new kids on the block, lets learn more about them, shall we? Both proteges of very popular superstars - Kanye West and Jay-Z - these two are very different from each other. Jcole Born Jermaine Lamar Cole, Jcole is a lyricist of note. He is signed to his mentors record label Roc Nation (2009). He has spawned hit songs such as " Can't get enough" featuring the sexy Trey Songz, "No body's Perfect" featuring the on-point and sexy Missy Elliot and "Work it" which I found offensive at first...the track is too good to stay mad at. Cole released his debut album in 2011 " Cole World: The sideline story" referring to his long awaited jump into the industry after being signed for two years and not releasing anything. His music focuses on the story and lyrics; the beat is secondary yet carries the hook beautifully. Honestly he's my favourite. http://www.jc...