TCM plays the most beautiful classic movies such as Lawrence of Arabia and Girl Happy; yes I know the two are very different in that one is annoyingly light and frothy and the other has political tones and racial subtext, but dangit both are good in their own respects. Girl Happy has really got me into this whole 'Elvis hype' I'm looking forward to seeing his other movies : Viva Las Vegas (1964), Change of Habit (1969) and King Creole (1958). Another Favourite of mine is Peter O'Toole, guy was HOTTT when he was younger, with the ginger hair and green eyes damn!!!! Well I love 'Lawrence of Arabia',' Becket' and 'The Ruling Class' and I cant wait for TCM to air those. And of course The IT man himself, Marlon Brando. The first time I ever saw this man act was in 'The Godfather', and he scared me. Then I saw him in 'A street car named desire' as part of my schooling at an art school and from that day on I've been a huge fan of the man, and not just because of the "Stella scene" or that tight t-shirt he was wearing. From this artist I would love to see 'The wild one'.
The riots in Protea South in Soweto have left the residents of both Chiawelo and Protea North shaken, perplexed and genuinely confused. One who lives in a house cannot possibly fathom the problems a person who lives in a shack faces on a day to day basis. With that in mind I, as a resident of Chiawelo , cannot understand how the people of the shanty town in Protea south can choose to stay in an unsafe area that is not fit for habitation when a better suited area with houses made available for them has been prepared. Never-mind the luxuries of having a shopping complex a five-minutes’ walk away,a police station a stones throw away, a main road that provides many modes of transport and few services that are taken illegally, should it not be health that takes precedence over convenience in this case. This is just my opinion.






Comments
Post a Comment