Skip to main content

Battling Cancer : In support of Cancer awareness






I am a weapon of his design
A bow, I bow to no man.
I quiver, not in fear, it is an exhibition of my strength.
Crafted by eternal hands
Who knew from the first moment of my life -
who I was, who I am and who I would be.
Cut from a sappling of the yew tree
I hum a proud song, I exhibit my beauty.

On this fine work of art, there is no space for erosion.
I refuse it.
and yet, And Yet , AND YET
You cling dearly to me.
You multiply and conquer

There is no room for the both of us.
No room to breath or rejoice.
There is no space, its you or me -
and I choose me, I want me.


You show no prejudice
Your choice of tyranny has no boundries
My mind, my bosom, my life giving uterus
you are parasite, you are hardship.

The bow gathers its strength
The yew wood strains its limbs
the string is pulled back, ready to spring.
Ready to shoot forth missiles of mass happiness,
These aim to help you understand.
To help you, my loved ones , to be strong.

This is a battle that cannot be lost,
Because we fight it together.
we are weapons in this war,
And with every victory fought for,
another day, week , month, year,
is each assigned a prayer,
To thank the earths greatest bowyer.

Thembekile Khumalo

Comments

  1. #clicking my fingers (^^,) I love this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah ah imagine!!! took me so long to answer lol thankyou chippi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The riot has been televised : madness in protea south

The riots in Protea South in Soweto have left the residents of both Chiawelo and Protea North shaken, perplexed and genuinely confused. One who lives in a house cannot possibly fathom the problems a person who lives in a shack faces on a day to day basis. With that in mind I, as a resident of Chiawelo , cannot understand how the people of the shanty town in Protea south can choose to stay in an unsafe area that is not fit for habitation when a better suited area with houses made available for them  has been prepared. Never-mind the luxuries of having a shopping complex a five-minutes’ walk away,a police station a stones throw away, a main road that provides many modes of transport  and few services that are taken illegally, should it not be health that takes precedence over convenience in this case. This is just my opinion.

You walked lightly

You Walked Lightly You walked lightly into my life Captivating and lovely to my mind, At first, I never cared who you were Now I don’t know who I am without you, You kissed me I felt my world change, You held me I heard my heart awaken, You loved me And my soul was born anew You walked lightly into my life Now my heart knows who you are And with every breath And every step I take down lonely roads, Your hand is my staff Your voice is my guide Your strength my shelter You’re passion my awakening. You walked lightly into my life, And all my pain You took as your own, And all my fears You cast into the sea, All my doubt Lost in your eyes, You walked lightly into my life And no matter if you choose to stay or go, My life is forever changed, Just because you loved me For a moment in time. And because I choose To love you For the rest of mine. - Tracey Newson -
             VS Be fore we compare these two new kids on the block, lets learn more about them, shall we? Both proteges of very popular superstars - Kanye West and Jay-Z - these two are very different from each other. Jcole Born Jermaine Lamar Cole, Jcole is a lyricist of note. He is signed to his mentors record label Roc Nation (2009). He has spawned hit songs such as " Can't get enough" featuring the sexy Trey Songz, "No body's Perfect" featuring the on-point and sexy Missy Elliot and "Work it" which I found offensive at first...the track is too good to stay mad at. Cole released his debut album in 2011 " Cole World: The sideline story" referring to his long awaited jump into the industry after being signed for two years and not releasing anything. His music focuses on the story and lyrics; the beat is secondary yet carries the hook beautifully. Honestly he's my favourite. http://www.jc...