Seems to me the more I walked around questioning everything the less whole I felt, even now as I embrace the idea of faith, I still feel empty and limited. I feel narrowminded and small. I used to believe it was those who pushed their own religion onto others who were narrowminded, don't get me wrong - they are - but they had a goal in life, a sense of knowing. religion and and their faith gave them something to look forward to and work towards for their whole lives. I would like that, 'cept, its not possible for me. To think of religion for me is to look on the clouds and marvel at their impossibility or watch a tree and breathe with it and marvel at its liveliness,its oldness,its complexity. That for me is spiritual, I am satisfied with this; I am content. I yearn for something now and I believe it is the wanting of community, to find others like myself. First I must me completely then.
The riots in Protea South in Soweto have left the residents of both Chiawelo and Protea North shaken, perplexed and genuinely confused. One who lives in a house cannot possibly fathom the problems a person who lives in a shack faces on a day to day basis. With that in mind I, as a resident of Chiawelo , cannot understand how the people of the shanty town in Protea south can choose to stay in an unsafe area that is not fit for habitation when a better suited area with houses made available for them has been prepared. Never-mind the luxuries of having a shopping complex a five-minutes’ walk away,a police station a stones throw away, a main road that provides many modes of transport and few services that are taken illegally, should it not be health that takes precedence over convenience in this case. This is just my opinion.

Comments
Post a Comment