Skip to main content

Inside the kitchen




Today I woke up in pain. Just had to say that, again to no-one in particular. But seriously today I heard something in passing; a really simple covnersation between a girl and a guy about a mis-shaped table that was placed in their kitchen.Lets call the guy Guy and the girl - well uhm obviously - Girl . This is how it went:

Girl: - and it has scratch marks all over it,mxm, who sits so low in the kitchen anyways? Its Not - !
Guy: Its in the kitchen isn't it?
Girl: Because you put it there -
Guy: where is it?
Girl: In the kitchen.
Guy: So its a kitchen table.
Girl: Mhm...its gonna be a dustbin table.

(Thankyou Thembi for the translation)
Simple and yet so profound, not so? The table which clearly was made to be in another room in the home has been placed in the kitchen, the guy seems to think its just fine in there and even belongs there while girl lacks imagination. I am born in South Africa,considering my skintone and bodyshape I was made to live in the conditions provided by this continent. Another individual who might not have been born in this country or not even on the continent, who is not a custom-fit, he or she should also belong. You are in South Africa therefore you are a South African. Suddenly, this is very simple to me.

Go out there and like everybody, dont restrict that to Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The riot has been televised : madness in protea south

The riots in Protea South in Soweto have left the residents of both Chiawelo and Protea North shaken, perplexed and genuinely confused. One who lives in a house cannot possibly fathom the problems a person who lives in a shack faces on a day to day basis. With that in mind I, as a resident of Chiawelo , cannot understand how the people of the shanty town in Protea south can choose to stay in an unsafe area that is not fit for habitation when a better suited area with houses made available for them  has been prepared. Never-mind the luxuries of having a shopping complex a five-minutes’ walk away,a police station a stones throw away, a main road that provides many modes of transport  and few services that are taken illegally, should it not be health that takes precedence over convenience in this case. This is just my opinion.

You walked lightly

You Walked Lightly You walked lightly into my life Captivating and lovely to my mind, At first, I never cared who you were Now I don’t know who I am without you, You kissed me I felt my world change, You held me I heard my heart awaken, You loved me And my soul was born anew You walked lightly into my life Now my heart knows who you are And with every breath And every step I take down lonely roads, Your hand is my staff Your voice is my guide Your strength my shelter You’re passion my awakening. You walked lightly into my life, And all my pain You took as your own, And all my fears You cast into the sea, All my doubt Lost in your eyes, You walked lightly into my life And no matter if you choose to stay or go, My life is forever changed, Just because you loved me For a moment in time. And because I choose To love you For the rest of mine. - Tracey Newson -
             VS Be fore we compare these two new kids on the block, lets learn more about them, shall we? Both proteges of very popular superstars - Kanye West and Jay-Z - these two are very different from each other. Jcole Born Jermaine Lamar Cole, Jcole is a lyricist of note. He is signed to his mentors record label Roc Nation (2009). He has spawned hit songs such as " Can't get enough" featuring the sexy Trey Songz, "No body's Perfect" featuring the on-point and sexy Missy Elliot and "Work it" which I found offensive at first...the track is too good to stay mad at. Cole released his debut album in 2011 " Cole World: The sideline story" referring to his long awaited jump into the industry after being signed for two years and not releasing anything. His music focuses on the story and lyrics; the beat is secondary yet carries the hook beautifully. Honestly he's my favourite. http://www.jc...